Re: scots

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ scottishtartans.org WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Newsome on October 04, 1999 at 10:12:39:

In Reply to: scots posted by David Hales McOmie on October 02, 1999 at 19:30:08:

: my heritage is the island, largely scot. from what ive been able ta gather my people belong to the clan macthomas, also mcomas, chattan and mackintosh. if ya have a catalogue with a widw array of clothes, hats, tartans, shields , banners that i might wear and show with pride id like ta have one.......also anyone with any info on the mcomies would be welcomed with open arms. thank you, dave mcomie, the clan,aye!

We have a full color catalog available on our web pages. Just follow the link below to
www.scottishtartans.org/giftshop.html

The McOmie name comes from MacOmie, and MacThomas. It simply means a descendant of Thomas.
This particualr Thomas was the younger son of the sixth Mackintosh. Robert MacHomie in
the Burn of Glenshee is one of the parties to the Farquharson bond of 1595 granted to
Mackintosh as their cheif.

The appropriate tartans for you would be MacThomas (the MacThomas clan was founded by this
particular Thomas and this tartan would be more specific to you than the Thompson or MacTavish).
You can also wear the Mackintosh, since this was your ancient clan, or the chattan, since Mackintosh
was a part of the old Clan Chattan confederation.

Aye,
Matt Newsome

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ scottishtartans.org WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]